25.4.11

asian inspirations

I must admit, I haven't devoted enough time to the world of fashion over the past month since partaking in Toronto's LG Fashion Week, so I devoted my evening to the Alexander McQueen Runway Archives and came across the captivating pre-Spring/Summer 2011 Collection. This collection is bold, but uniquely feminine. Sarah Burton moves fashion forward by creating graceful, but strong shouldered dresses and jackets. The most fashion forward pieces in the collection, and my personal favourites, are the kimono inspired suits and gowns. The crimson red, yellow, gold, and jet black colours capture the the timeless beauty of the traditional kimono, with a touch of modernity. I absolutely adore the traditional sash or obi (literally meaning 'sash' in Japanese) sewn to the back of the gowns. The kimono inspired pieces show Burton's ability to create feminine and elegant collections, with an edge.
Image courtesy of The Lovely Room.


Image courtesy of Polyvore.
Image courtesy of Polyvore.
Image courtesy of The Lovely Room.



Image courtesy of Polyvore.

No comments:

Post a Comment